Wednesday 12 March 2014

Gators, Crabs and Motorcycles: Part 2

Click here to read Part 1 of this post if you haven't already.

We soon left the gators behind and headed back toward the main entrance to the swamps.

We held some baby gators as well.





Later that afternoon, we picked up my mum at the airport and took her to Cape Coral. I haven't seen her since she took me to Heathrow Airport when I first went to Korea almost 17 months ago. It was so good to finally get the chance to spend some time with her, and she's had a great time meeting Angela and her family.
We met some of Angela's parents' neighbours, including Dwight, who owned some cool motorbikes (though we'd be seeing some even cooler ones later that evening).
In the early evening, we headed to downtown Fort Myers for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.

Admiring the marina while we wait to be seated.

It was my first time eating crabs, and I have to say, I was very impressed. Probably my favourite meal that I've had here so far.


Not far from Joe's Crab Shack was an interesting evening event: Fort Myers Bike Night, where we saw a bunch of flashy custom motorcycles.






The bikers themselves were almost as fun to watch as the bikes.




There were even some snazzy bicycles on display.


A tailor for leather jackets.


Not sure what Jesus was doing at a motorcycle event, but nevertheless, Faye couldn't resist taking a picture with him.


Biker puppy!


That's all for now. Expect another Florida update in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment